May 15, 2020
As we look ahead to moving from Phase 5 to Phase 4 and Phase 3 of the BC Government’s Restart Plan, staff at Signal Hill have been focused on preparing our facility for return to in-class instruction based on enhanced safety protocols. We will continue to do our part to flatten the curve and, as a result, see relatively low infection rate numbers in BC.
British Columbia Centre for Disease Control: COVID-19 Survey
Your story, our future.
Public health and government leaders have made significant decisions impacting every aspect of our lives in recent weeks. We want to hear from you as we plan to ease restrictions while keeping our citizens safe, especially those most vulnerable.
BC COVID-19 SPEAK: Your story, our future is a population health survey to understand citizen experiences, knowledge and actions during the COVID-19 pandemic. This survey is the first of several activities that will strengthen our pandemic response and our understanding of the impacts of COVID-19 to date (social, economic, mental wellness and community wellness).
Visit this page to take the survey: www.bccdc.ca/covid19survey
About the survey
- The survey is open to all British Columbians 18 years of age and older.
- The survey takes 10-15 minutes and can be done online on any tablet, computer or mobile device.
- The survey will be open until May 31
- The online survey is available in English and Chinese, as well as a Punjabi survey translation guide
At the end of the survey, you will be asked about participating in two important initiatives:
- A serology survey (blood testing) to help determine immunity across the population
- Planning for future waves in which identifying, containing and tracing are substantially strengthened through technology tools to enable integrated and coordinated information sharing
Help the people in your life to participate:
If you know someone who may have difficulty accessing or using a computer, open the survey via the link above, give them a call, and go through all the questions, inputting their answers into the online survey on their behalf. We need your help to prepare for B.C.’s future, and every voice counts.
Participants without online access or needing language assistance can call 1-833-707-1900, seven days a week between 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Resources for Families
In an effort to help parents better understand Google Classroom, we’ve included new resources to our:
- SD #48 site: Resources for Parents (https://sd48seatosky.org/resources-for-parents-2/)
Learning Activities to Put a Smile on your Face from the SHE Community
Mrs. Montie’s class once again has kindly shared some of their learning from the week!
Wishing you all a safe and happy Victoria Day long weekend,
Kúkwstum̓ckacw |Thank you | Merci
Roberta Kubik, Alysa Patching and Mario Tenisci