Signal Hill Announcements – September 21, 2018
“Gratitude is something of which none of us can give too much. For on the smiles, the thanks we give, our little gestures of appreciation, our neighbors build their philosophy of life.”
– A. J. Cronin
Teachers are now organizing walking field trips with their classes! Please ensure that you have gone online to electronically sign the forms (see below). If you do not sign the form, your child will not be able to participate in these field trips!
A reminder to parents to return Verification Forms that were sent home last week. PLEASE complete the following students’ online forms below as soon as possible. The forms can be found by clicking the blue link and they take just seconds to complete!!:
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Annual Consent: This consent MUST be signed every year before we allow students use of school technology.
- Walking Field Trip Permission Form. This form gives Signal Hill School consent to take students on local walking field trips within the Pemberton area for the entire school year.
- Aboriginal Education Program 2018-19. Please complete this form ONLY if your student/s self-identify as aboriginal.
Events happening in September:
Wed. Sept 26th
- Book Fair in Library – Family time is from 3-5 pm – more details to come
- Open House – Many of the teachers are hosting a drop in open house from 3-5 pm. Your child’s teacher will email or send a notice home if they are participating.
- PAC Meeting – 7 pm in the Music Room! All parents and guardians are invited to attend! Meet other parents, find out about how Signal Hill PAC helps foster our children’s learning through parent involvement in the school, and see how you could become involved.
Thurs. Sept 27th
- Book Fair in Library – details to come
- Terry Fox Run – 1:30 pm in field
Fri. Sept. 28th
- Orange Shirt Day – details to come